NORCAP exists to support people who have been affected by adoption.
- Adopted adults
- Birth relatives of adopted adults, particularly Birth Mothers and Fathers, Birth Siblings and Birth Grandparents
- Adoptive parents and other relatives through adoption of adopted people
Local help and advice is offered throughout Great Britain with links to organisations with similar aims in Europe, America and Australasia.
- Largest adoption contact register in UK
- Telephone helpline
- Searching advice
- Specialist research service
- Search room facility
- Specialist intermediary service
- Local access to help and advice from a network of trained volunteers
- Publications including specialist guide to searching for relatives lost through adoption
- Members newsletter
- Guidance around new Adoption Act provisions concerning adoption information
NORCAP is a voluntary organisation in the ‘not for profit’ sector. It is a registered charity (no 1063428). All services are available to members.
Helpline: 01865 875000
(10.00am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday)
Postal enquiries: NORCAP G/E.
112 Church Road, Wheatley, Oxford OX33 1LU U.K.
NORCAP is the leading national charity assisting and supporting adult adopted people, birth parents and other relatives and other people likely to be affected by adoption reunions. Our business line for professional enquiries is 01865 875999 ext 201, 203, 205 or 207.